Your local community-run convenience store
Stoke-sub-Hamdon Community Shop is run and funded by the people of the village. We also have a Post Office service three days a week offering standard counter services. Check out our facebook page for daily updates and special offers.
Community Shop opening hours
- Monday to Friday: 8am – 4.30pm
- Saturday: 8am – 4pm
- Sunday: 8.30am – 12.30pm
Post Office opening hours
- Monday: 9am – 12 midday
- Thursday: 1pm – 4pm
- Friday: 9am – 12 midday
What we sell
- Groceries, wholefoods and general household goods
- Bio-D cleaning and laundry refills – bring your own container to top up on eco-friendly washing-up, laundry and cleaning liquids plus hand and body cleansers
- Newspapers, magazines, stationery and greetings cards
- Alcohol and tobacco
- Fresh bread, pies and pastries
- Biscuits, cakes, soft drinks, confectionary and ice cream
- Meat from local butcher Kevin McAdam
- Unhomogenised Somerset milk and cream from Bruton Dairy
- Vegan and vegetarian produce
- Frozen foods and ready meals
- and much more!
Place orders with us for
- Daily deliveries of fresh bread, pastries and pies fresh from award-winning local bakery Bakery Roy-Al
- Newspaper and magazines. We stock a wide range of daily newspapers and periodicals.
Pop in to the shop to place your order, or phone 01935 509100.
Please pick up your reserved newspapers and bread orders by:
- 15.30, Monday to Saturday
- 12 midday, Sunday
Orders and home deliveries
If you are self-isolating /shielding or have problems getting out and about, Stoke Community Help Project can help you with orders and home deliveries of shopping, prescriptions and more.
Gas and electricity top-ups and bill payments
We are a Payzone store so you can:
- top up your gas key and electricity and gas cards with suppliers including British Gas, Scottish Power, E-on, EDF and N-Power
- pay other utilities bills such as water
- top up your mobile phone credit.
We cannot take TV licence payments. TV Licensing explains how to pay for your licence using a payment card.
If you’re waiting for a parcel delivery but know you won’t be at home to receive it, have it delivered to us instead. For a small fee, we will keep it safe until you pop in to pick it up. Please bring ID with you when collecting.
Charges per week per item
- Small parcel: 50p
- Medium parcel: £1
- Large parcel £2
Ask for your parcels to be addressed to:
Stoke-sub-Hamdon Community Shop, 6b High Street, Stoke-sub-Hamdon, Somerset TA14 6PP